Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Advantage Data Architect Update

An update to the Advantage Data Architect (ARC) has been posted to the DevZone today.

These recent releases include a fix allowing ARC to be run from a remote desktop connection without the need to modify the ads.ini file. You will no longer receive 5185 (AE_LOCAL_CONN_RESTRICTED) errors when using local server ARC connections from a remote desktop session.

Also, the changes to the Remote Management Utility I mentioned in this post in March are included in this update. You can now rearrange columns, sort and filter. You can also multi-select users to disconnect, and we added the option to disconnect users to the "Open Files" tab so you can see all users with a particular file open and disconnect all of them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Sometimes I need to RDP into a clients PC for support and this will be a great help.

jason.plum said...

My only question is will they ever issue a 64-bit linux odbc! I'd have to have to downgrade just to run a couple of perl scripts!

J.D. Mullin said...

Hi Jason,

That's not relevant to this post at all, but we are working on the 64 bit ODBC driver right now and it should be available in the next month or so.

jason.plum said...

I do apologize for the hijacking! I knew it wasn't really relevant but it took me HOURS to get a hold of Alex up in sales, only to get an unfortunate "it ought to work" from somewhere down in dev, I'm betting 95% because it didn't translate very well. (that and I can't actually connect to the nntp to post..)

Thanks very much for that good tidbit of news all the same!

jason.plum said...

*correction* It took me HOURS before I was finally directed to Alex...

Anonymous said...

I seem to have lost tag info in the order by tool tip since updating to 9.10.0.11.

We use that a lot, will it come back?

Thanks

J.D. Mullin said...

Can you clarify what you mean by "order by tool tip"? In what dialog?

Post a Comment