Friday, September 12, 2008

Delphi 2009 Conditional Defines

I wasn't going to blog about this, but for the past few months every time I have used Delphi 2009 I have been tricked by this and it's very frustrating.

When you open the project options and head to the familiar "Directories and Conditionals" section be careful. Note it is now under the "Resource Compiler" tree item and does not have anything to do with the old directories and conditionals setting:



You probably don't want to be there. You are likely looking for the old compiler conditionals, which are now hidden under the main "Delphi Compiler" tree item in a property called "Conditional defines":



4 comments:

Doug said...

I just installed D2009. Will TDataset work with D2009 and if so, which version(s).

J.D. Mullin said...

Doug, we will be shipping our Delphi 2009 support in ADS 9.1 in November. If you would like the updated files sooner (no installation, you would need to install manually) e-mail advantage@iAnywhere.com requesting them. Put "attn:JD" in the subject line so it gets to me.

J.D. Mullin said...

Be sure to let me know in the email if you need 8.1 or 9.0 files.

Freddie said...

Thanks for this insight. Trying to define a conditional that would be recognised by the compiler was like banging my head against a wall, until I found this page!

Post a Comment