Monday, March 10, 2008

Advantage SQL Debugger

With the release of Advantage 9 right around the corner, I thought I would post a screencast showing the new visual SQL debugger in action.

The screencast (11 minutes) can be found here.

One side note is there is a bug in the 9.0 release that I will have to address. If you click on any of the "step" buttons with the mouse, then don't move the mouse at all and click again, the menu is not registering the click event. If you notice in the video I move the mouse just slightly between clicks to make it work. I normally just use the keyboard shortcuts anyway, which is why this went unnoticed until it was too late to fix it for the release. It will be addressed in the first 9.0 update, however. And since ARC 9.0 has auto-update functionality, the new fix will get pushed out to everyone, which should be cool.

I'll be posting screencasts of more of the 9.0 features as time permits, but the SQL debugger "demos well", so it was an easy first choice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment